中文 | ENGLISH | 한국어











EB2 and EB3


PERM Labor Cert. Application


EB5: Investors











L1: Intra-Company Transferees

The L1A/B visa is available for companies that wish to expand operations into the United States by opening an affiliate, branch or subsidiary office. In order for an individual to qualify, they must have been employed by the foreign company that is related to the American company for at least one continuous year in the past three years

To qualify as a Manager (L1A visa), you must:

Primarily manage the organization, or department, subdivision, function or component of the organization;

Primarily supervise and control the work of other supervisory, professional, or managerial employees, or manage an essential function within the organization, or a department or subdivision of the organization;

Has the authority to hire and fire or recommend staff for promotion; if no other employees are supervised, functions at a senior level within the organizational hierarchy or with respect to the function managed; and

Exercises discretion over the daily operations of which the employee has authority.

To qualify as an Executive (L1A visa), you must:

Direct the management of the organization or a major component or function;

Establish the goals and policies of the organization, component, or function;

Exercise wide latitude in discretionary decision-making; and

Receive only general supervision or direction from higher level executives, the board of directors or stockholders of the organization

The L1A is initially granted for one year for new companies and three years for existing companies. The L1A can be renewed in two year increments up to seven years.

Managers or Executives have the privilege to apply for Permanent Residency.

To qualify as a person of Specialized Knowledge (L1B visa), you must:

Have special or unique knowledge of the petitioning organization's product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and its application in international markets, or an advanced level of knowledge or expertise in the organization's processes and procedures.

The L1B visa is initially granted for one year for new companies and three years for existing companies.

L2 visas for Spouses and Children under the age of 21:

The spouse and children of L1A and L1B holders who are under the age of 21 will be able to apply for status (L2 visa) to enter and stay in the United States or Canada. Your dependents will be allowed to attend school and your spouse will be able to apply for work authorization.






Copyright 2009 Sunlawfirm, All Rights Reserved